06 April 2010

Post Lent

Easter has come & gone.  Lent is over. 


It was my intent to do a devotional reading every day during Lent.  I failed.  


Devotions are not something i find easy.  Partly because i lack in discipline, but there are other reasons as well.


I signed up for two different ones, one Lutheran (L), one Episcopalian (E), to be sent to me via email daily.  My goal was to do more scripture reading.  The L devotional did use scripture, & early in Lent i would often look up (usually on the computer) the scripture & read more than what they printed.


The E devotional, however, had a number of different items at the top.  On occasion they used scripture but more often a reading from a hymnal or the prayer book or another "inspirational" source.  Then the devotion would be that person's thoughts.  While it usually had a spiritual tone to it, frankly, it was fluff.  


Sometimes i read the devotionals daily as they came in, other times i went back & did several days at a time.  (Flavors of Ashleigh Brilliant, a paraphrase:  I try to take it one day at a time, but sometimes the days gang up on me.)  I didn't necessarily want to do deep Bible study, but i wasn't all that interested in fluff, either.  


I need to find something else for me because i want this to go beyond Lent.  Probably not devotionals but simply reading the scripture.  However, i bought two books about devotionals & i'll write about them another time.  One is bluntly honest & describes very well the feelings i've had about them.


(I find i tend to do split infinitives.  Gotta work on that.)

Passion as such has gone.  And i do struggle with a lot of different emotion especially bitterness  Yet some peace remains.  It is as if i'm open to possibilities that were closed to me before.  I plan to feed that all that i can.  :)

 

14

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, wanted to be a mama - not going to happen, massage therapist, child of God. I can be emailed at: 4Kat2009@gmail.com